So, I’m just going to go ahead and say it. I royally suck and bumpdating this pregnancy. I have a million reasons why but the main one is life. It keeps me so busy that bumpdates take a back seat.
This week Rowan tried to make his debut twice. I saw my Doctor on Wednesday morning and was in Labor & Delivery on Friday morning with contractions 7-10 minutes apart for 12 hours. They thought fluids would do the trick since we’ve been having 100 degree days, all the water in the world isn’t enough to stay hydrated right now. After a bag and a half of fluids my contractions moved to 3-6 minutes apart. Pleading with the nurse that I still had some last minute things to get ready for, I begged for a way to not have a baby Friday. It all came down to what my cervix was doing. Thankfully, it was still closed. A shot of something I pronounce like bad Spanish later, my contractions stopped and we were discharged. We were told it would buy us some time but we weren’t sure how long. It could be days, maybe a week, or it could even get us all the way to our scheduled date. However, if I did come back in with my contraction that close together again, they would probably go ahead and schedule me to have the baby. I sh*t you not, 30 minutes after getting home from the hospital my contractions started again. They were about 30 minutes apart and stayed that way for the remainder of the night. The next day they stayed 30 minutes apart until the afternoon when they hit 15 minutes apart, and by 7pm we were back at 8 minutes apart on the nose. About 2AM I couldn’t stand the pressure anymore and they never wavered from 8 minutes apart, so back to Labor & Delivery we went. We called in reinforcement for Mykenzi, packed our bags in the car, and Michael thought he was getting a baby for Father’s Day. Since it had only been 24 hours since my last visit they wanted to stop my contractions again. I had dilated to 1cm and was about 50% thinned out, but keeping him baking until at least 37 weeks is the best for all of us especially with the blood type incompatibility and gestational diabetes we already have to prepare for upon birth. We don’t need him to be premature too. We thought we were in the clear after one shot but my contractions came back after about 20 minutes so we had to go with another dose. Finally, they gave way and we were discharged but not without being placed on bed rest. So fun. I follow up with my Doctor this week and we revisit our plan. Looks like July is out, so now we have to decide if we move up the date or see how these contractions play out because of course, I woke up this morning and they’re back. This kid is just ready to meet the world I guess! Ahhhh. This kid. He’s already giving me gray hairs and he isn’t even here yet.